Conributed by: Midnightcoiler
Are you doing everything you can to get noticed by Etsy admin? Tons of shops are joining Etsy all the time, and admin is constantly trying to keep things fresh, and continually discovering new shops and products they like, developing new marketing themes and choosing to promote accordingly. There are no guarantees or entitlements that any shop will be chosen or remain in the promotional sites of Etsy, but there are some things you can do to to increase your chances.
Taking positive action is the best course if someone wants to increase their chances of being noticed or "rediscovered" by Etsy admin. Here are 11 ways to try and catch their eyes in a positive light!
1. Become a vocal regular in the Etsy Labs, fill out feedback forms if
offered. Create listing cards in the Etsy Labs when they are enabled.
2. Become a regular participant in the Etsy Forums
3. Subscribe to all of Etsy's emails, visit their promotions, leave
comments, participate in nominations, interact as much as possible.
4. Constantly strive for shop and product improvements and innovations. Go to Etsy and team critiques, participate and apply changes.
5. Develop a fresh new line of items to add to your shop and promote it.
6. Purchase a showcase spot on Etsy
7. Follow Etsy on Flicker, Twitter and Facebook and any other social
networking site they are on. Leave comments, interact.
8. Create an event including references to Etsy and publicize it. Send newspaper articles, publicity to Etsy admin. Etsy loves having the site promoted.
9. Write an article for Etsy's blog.
10. Create treasuries, especially ones using Etsy's current marketing themes.
11. Promote and support others as well as yourself. Join a team. Mutual support= more exposure. Create good will- payback is swell!
The side benefits are just as important as being noticed by Admin, not the least of which is exposure gained with fellow Etsians, both buyers and sellers. Happy marketing!
The Etsy Treasury Team website: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/etsytreasuryteam/
We hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Holiday Season!!